In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Assume that you reinvest your dividends and capital gains payouts in shares of the fund.
- They may generate financial support by retaining profits and reinvesting them in organizational improvements.
- If a company is paying the majority of its earnings out in dividends, smaller amounts of profits are able to be reinvested to make higher profits.
- I want to grow the business, but I can't unless we start reinvesting our profits.
- Even investors who reinvested their dividend income would have recorded a loss of almost 13% over the same period.
- Personally, I am not too thrilled by either because I'd much rather a company reinvested its profits into more successful ventures.
- Investors should keep track of distributions made by their mutual funds that are reinvested.
- First and foremost is the acceptance of money on deposit from customers for the purpose of making a profit by reinvesting it.
- Like a real foundation, your money is invested, and the returns on those investments are reinvested and further enlarge your fund for giving.
- We reinvest the profits back into the company and that negates the need to seek further external funding.
- If you invest now and reinvest your dividends until you retire, you can get a huge return on your initial investment.
- Confronted with the choice of a cash dividend up-front or a chance at bigger gains later, investors are deciding they will do better with companies trying to boost their shares by reinvesting their profits.
- If a trader, therefore, has alternative or multiple income streams, they may be better off to incorporate their business as a company and reinvest the profits back into it.
- Most of our supermarkets are adventurous about wine, and existing hotels, bars, wine bars and wine shops are reinvesting their profits into luxurious and thoughtful re-workings of their existing shops.
- The family has made a concerted effort to reinvest profits in the hotel and has tried to introduce a new feature each year.
- Also, reinvest your profits to grow the business.
- There's no point in companies reinvesting their profits in ‘risky’ business projects when the same return is available risk-free elsewhere.
- The Treasury said it would take into account these sorts of concerns, suggesting it would reward companies who reinvested their profits into their businesses.
- Many companies and investors favor using spare corporate cash for stock buybacks or to reinvest profits instead of paying dividends.
- As these assets generate profits, and as the profits are reinvested in additional assets, you see a return in the form of increased share value as stock prices rise.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.