In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But the Burnley boss insists he is still keeping one eye on the opposite end of the table after reiterating that survival remains his number one target.
- We will be reiterating that safety message until the crossing is turned back on.
- Officials at Sligo General Hospital are reiterating an apology to a patient who received the wrong medication on being discharged.
- Ms. White was again reiterating her opposition to an inter-urban motorway but stated she fully supported the upgrading of roads and the urgent need for a Carlow bypass.
- They carried placards reiterating the need for abolishing child labour and the slogans emphasised the need to end this social menace, which was rampant in developing countries.
- May I reiterate comments made four years ago, which I will repeat with monotonous regularity until something is done about it.
- The media also vividly portrayed the emotional sequel of the disaster reiterating the importance of emotional support and psychological interventions.
- But while the research is taking place, the Department of Health is reiterating its precautionary advice on the use of mobile phones.
- Advertisements will also appear in the national press this week and the local press next week reiterating this public health message.
- He has also written to them reiterating his commitment to ensuring all the relevant facts are made available.
- I must commend the writers of the two letters in your June 30th issue reiterating the need for abortion rights for women.
- But the Commission's latest offer reiterates clearly that the EU is not prepared to contribute to a new agreement at any price.
- India lacks in ‘improved coaching techniques’ and facilities, she reiterates.
- He said the board was making progress towards a decision on the future of the bank's UK operation, reiterating that retention rather than divestment was on the agenda.
- The emphasis on technical skill was reiterated again and again in the Kennedy household.
- It pledged that there would be no more problems, and Liz received a letter the following day reiterating this.
- This practice of reiterating the connection between Indigenous people and our countries is a tradition within the movement of Contemporary Indigenous art and photography.
- The children signed cards reiterating that they would be around for their elders in their times of need.
- The resolution also includes a clause reiterating an existing law that prevents more than four unrelated persons from living together in one house or duplex.
- And mortgage brokers are now reiterating the basic premise that any loans will affect the size of a mortgage a lender will allow.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.