In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(between people)relación feminineto have a good relationship with sb — llevarse bien con algn
- we have a good working relationship — trabajamos muy bien juntos
- The relationship between South African rugby and its rugby journalists is a bittersweet one.
- Such a duty did not depend on a contractual relationship between the person causing and the person suffering the damage.
- Classroom teaching involves a personal relationship between teacher and pupil.
- Partly this derives from the inequality of the relationship between doctors and patients.
- Finally, the scheme skews the relationship between citizen and state.
- Contracts are recommended as the basis for the relationship between growers and marketers.
- In other words privity of estate arises when there is a relationship of landlord and tenant between the parties.
- It represents a process that is actively destructive of people's views of themselves, and their relationships with each other.
- The partial identity of aims required a new definition of the relationship between the armed forces and the state.
- Why then is the relationship between doctors and managers often strained and currently perceived to be at a low ebb?
- The most natural relationship between two people is the relationship between man and woman.
- There is a degree of murkiness around the relationship between the murderer and the murdered person.
- The usual distinction does not apply when the relationship between the parties obliges them to look after the patient.
- It recognises the role of family and other relationships in influencing trends towards recovery or relapse.
- Every poem in it was in some way or form connected to the relationship between the two of them.
- Does this create an adversarial relationship between the two of you and your respective staffs?
- Do you think that makes a difference to the relationship between the officers and the inmates?
- Once it was concerned with human relationships - either with each other or their environment.
- The relationship between a bank and its correspondents is often one of agency.
- It should be to teach children something about the world and help foster their relationships with each other.
2(between things, events)relación femininea causal relationship — una relación causa-efecto
- On the contrary, the relationship between signifier and signified is arbitrary.
- There is also a considerable literature on the relationship between mergers and managerial efficiency.
- Each of these two definitions seems to imply a relationship between slightly different concepts.
- The standard contract so far only specifies the business relationship between contractors and agencies.
- It seeks to examine the relationship between public and private as explored in contemporary art.
- Stylistic differences between the tiles make it hard to imagine the relationship between them when laid in a floor.
- What Peel created that evening changed the relationship between the citizen and the state in Britain.
- The relationship between trade and settlement was also different in various parts of the early empire.
- Science will be benefited as long as there is a healthy relationship between science and technology.
- The relationship between these different forms of equality is rather complex.
- The relationship between these spaces is achieved through their visual connection.
- The intimate relationship between oral, literate, and indeed visual culture is worth recalling.
- Or is the relationship between women and food a valid area for thought and debate?
- So there's a huge relationship between Contemporary and Modern Art and Folk Art
- Our aim was to study the chronological relationship between different tomb types in the region.
- So there are some awkward questions here about the relationship between units and interaction capacity.
- In the shrinking modern world, the relationship between sport and war seems to be getting closer.
- There was an intimate relationship between the virtues of a society and the virtues of the people in it.
- Musical form also consists of the relationship between different patterns of sound.
3(kinship)parentesco masculinerelationship to sb — parentesco con algn
- she claimed relationship with the Queen — decía estar emparentada con la reina
- The only thing parents have in common is our curious relationship with our own children.
- Family relationships and attitudes towards class and gender are understood in greater detail.
- Marriage and the nuclear family have become the most common relationships in the middle economic strata.
- Nothing has affected our relationships with each other - we face the same problems.
- The legal relationship between two people should be protected by the state.
- The visiting relationship is the most common form of conjugal union for poor Forro or Tonga females.
- It can be especially useful for couples and adults and often leads towards happier relationships.
- The DNA allows the sex to be identified, and familial relationships to be traced.
- In such a case the right is still one that arises out of the marriage relationship.
- I would love to see more articles on maintaining marriages and relationships.
- Even heterosexuals are showing greater skepticism about relationships and marriage.
- I think that's a common way of looking at relationships because marriage is a form of contractual ownership.
- In healthy relationships, people respect each other for who they are.
- The blood relationship allows these women certain leeway and influence that a wife does not have.
- Such behaviour makes the confidential relationship of marriage impossible.
- The prohibition stands whether the relationship is legitimate, natural or by marriage.
- Then they also had the relationship between him and his own father, which is not so great.
- The two of them have a beautiful relationship and they both love each other very dearly.
- The Korean concept of family, on the other hand, is strictly based on a blood relationship.
- Your present relationship or marriage is strengthened through love and understanding.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.