In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1relativamenteit will affect relatively few people — afectará a un número relativamente pequeño de personas
- relatively speaking, it's not very important — tiene, relativamente, muy poca importancia
- Yet, relatively speaking, religion and the churches were pushed away from the centre.
- Individualism is a pretty new idea relatively speaking and one which most of us today take for granted.
- Relatively speaking, Antartica's hot.
- The system of public education has not kept pace with the progress of the country, so that it is, relatively, falling behind.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.