In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I arrive at the conclusion that it is a symptom of a more general phenomenon whereby contextual parameters can be relativized to bearers of propositional attitudes.
- It is not the same, since truth for Hellenistic philosophers is relativized to times.
- Evidential relationships must be relativized to individuals and their degrees of belief.
- For example, moral subjectivism is that species of moral relativism that relativizes moral value to the individual subject.
- Suppose, then, that a reliable cognitive process is one which is relativized to persons.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.