In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Additionally, muscle relaxants and benzodiazepines, barbiturates, or propofol may be administered to control seizures.
- Frequently used pharmacologic therapies include nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, muscle relaxants, opioids and other analgesics, and antidepressants.
- The drugs of concern fall for the most part into three categories - muscle relaxants, tranquilizers, and old generation anti-depressants.
- Numerous treatments such as analgesic medications, muscle relaxants, antidepressants, and triptans had shown little or no effect.
- The use of induction agents, such as thiopentone, and muscle relaxants when a patient's airway reflexes are still present, can counteract these effects.
- Other innovative drugs whose development he oversaw included atracurium, a muscle relaxant, and lamotrigine, an epilepsy drug.
- Large doses of antibiotic drugs, antimicrobial drugs (such as metronidazole) and a muscle relaxant (such as diazepam) are usually given once a tetanus diagnosis is suspected.
- There is no evidence that muscle relaxants or opioids are more effective than these medications, although they may be useful in certain cases.
- Assess whether concomitant muscle relaxants and simple analgesia are needed.
- Muscle relaxants or tricyclic antidepressant medications also may be prescribed.
- Paramedics in Britain never use anaesthetic drugs or muscle relaxants to achieve intubation.
- Stimulants, muscle relaxants, diuretics, and anabolic steroids would not be allowed at any level at the time of sale.
- They act as hypnotics, painkillers and muscle relaxants, and they block your memory of the surgery.
- However, narcotics, tranquilizers or muscle relaxants may be prescribed for a few days to manage pain from an injury, surgery or a dental procedure.
- Anesthesia was maintained with isoflurane, fentanyl, and muscle relaxants.
- Medications most commonly prescribed are tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs, muscle relaxants, simple analgesics, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Muscle relaxants should be prescribed only after failure of analgesic and sedative regimens to optimise ventilatory support or reduce oxygen consumption.
- The doctors have pulled his legs as far as they could and for this to work Danny has had to have muscle relaxants, morphine and diazepam to withstand the pain.
- They are usually given strong painkiller drugs, muscle relaxants or sedatives, but these are often not enough to completely alleviate pain and anxiety.
- They act as hypnotics, painkillers and muscle relaxants.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.