In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine esparcimientofeminine distracciónmasculine relaxwhat do you do for relaxation? — ¿qué haces para relajarte / descansar?
- chess is her chief relaxation — el ajedrez es su principal forma de esparcimiento / de relax
- This provides time for independent work, if students and professors choose, and is a more manageable amount of rest and relaxation.
- While you may be eager to begin this period of rest and relaxation, don't be in a rush to jump in the car after a long day of work.
- To help improve the quality of these attributes, a series of exercises should be undertaken in conjunction with a good and healthy diet, plus adequate rest and relaxation.
- This is a time of rest from sorrow and relaxation after a period of anxiety.
- Everywhere you go there is the customary welcome drink, a pick-up to take you to a standard room for rest and relaxation before the pilgrimage.
- The summer vacation is always a period of enjoyment, relaxation and fun.
- There is always lots of free time for relaxation and to explore the local area.
- Nothing is guaranteed in this sport - at least the scenery and relaxation is great and they're free!
- In the summer, the most popular forms of relaxation are trips to the beach at Lake Sevan and picnics in the countryside, where they roast meat and vegetables over open fires.
- Then it was off to Bondai beach for a little rest and relaxation and to sample the Christmas turkey by the sea before hiring a camper and setting off into ‘the bush’.
- Yet wine tends to bespeak a lifestyle of luxury and relaxation, of the enjoyment and appreciation of the creation of the vintner.
- After a weekend of miserable torrential rain and high winds people across Kerry would do almost anything to escape the country for a few days of rest and relaxation in the sunshine.
- Fiji and the Solomon Islands are much better known for relaxation than tension.
- A three-week rest and relaxation period, originally scheduled for Geraldton, will now be held in Carnarvon before the ship sets sail for the Mid West again.
- Combining this with a period of relaxation, perhaps by reading something light, meditating, or taking a hot bath can also help you get better sleep.
- He evidently preferred not to take sabbaticals in order to keep his summers free for writing and relaxation.
- Hargreaves has a funny notion of relaxation - the foursome used their free time to build their own recording studio.
- Families en route to Belize can tailor make a holiday that combines rest and relaxation for the parents with fun and education for the children.
- This doesn't mean you can't enjoy some daily rest and relaxation.
- It is due to ignorance, confusion and anxiety that parents subject their children to a strict schedule, denying them rest, relaxation and enjoyment.
2(of muscles, rules, vigilance)relajación femininebefore noun relaxation classes — clases de relajación feminine
- I wouldn't be surprised if the thin eating champs were born with weak pyloric sphincters, or exhibit higher capacity for smooth muscle relaxation.
- The depth and rate of breathing are controlled by special centres in the brain, which influence the nerves that cause contraction and relaxation of the muscles of respiration.
- Time management, biofeedback, or muscle relaxation techniques also may help.
- This muscle relaxation causes your throat tissues to sag.
- The contraction and relaxation of cardiac muscle results from the depolarisation and repolarisation of myocardial cells.
- One study evaluated paced respiration, muscle relaxation, or biofeedback control in 33 menopausal women with frequent hot flashes.
- These may include muscle relaxation, yoga, biofeedback and deep breathing.
- Music, massage, imagery, progressive muscle relaxation, biofeedback, and therapeutic touch are a few examples.
- Junctin is an important membrane protein that can influence the contraction and relaxation of the heart muscles when it merges with calcium ions.
- It should be noticed that contraction of the smooth muscles results in relaxation or detumescence.
- The efflux of potassium ions hyperpolarizes the cell membrane, resulting in vascular smooth muscle relaxation.
- Dr. O'Neill could have provided valuable assistance especially with respect to uterine relaxation before and during the manoeuvres to free the fetus.
- Nitroglycerin causes relaxation of vascular smooth muscle in both arteries and veins, although the effect on veins predominates at low doses.
- Biofeedback and progressive muscle relaxation training demonstrated some decrease in hot flushes.
- More structured techniques, such as progressive muscle relaxation and neutral guided imagery may be more suited for these individuals.
- In addition, you might try other strategies, such as progressive muscle relaxation, acupuncture and acupressure.
- Stimulation of a beta receptor causes muscle vasodilation, bronchial relaxation, and cardiac acceleration.
- People with heartburn have either chronic weakness of that muscle or inappropriate relaxation of the muscle.
- The relaxation of the sphincter muscle lasts for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Some athletes routinely use biofeedback, muscle relaxation techniques, meditation, yoga, and stress management techniques.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.