In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person/manner) relajado(person/manner) tranquilo(atmosphere/party) informalthey have a very relaxed attitude to it all — se lo toman todo con mucha tranquilidad
- she seems very relaxed about the exam — no parece demasiado preocupada por el examen
- I found it to be a relaxed atmosphere, where I could converse with friends over a quiet drink.
- Smith says the relaxed atmosphere helps his staff open up more and forget the pressures of the office.
- The comparatively open spaces made for a relaxed atmosphere as a very laid-back audience stretched out in the warm weather to enjoy the sounds wafting over from the main stage.
- In this relaxed atmosphere dancers can shop around by hanging out at open doorways and observing dancers and teachers in action.
- It's a credit to Byrne's skill as a performer, that he's casually able to generate such a relaxed atmosphere.
- There was a relaxed, friendly atmosphere with no trouble and there were even signs up advising punters to order taxis at the beginning of the evening, complete with a list of numbers.
- These two rules make the atmosphere more relaxed and friendly.
- Whatever your reason for nominating, be it a good selection of drinks, friendly bar staff or a relaxed atmosphere, we want to hear from you.
- Refreshments were provided and enjoyed by all in a relaxed and informal atmosphere.
- If you're looking for a chilled relaxed, friendly atmosphere, then this is the place to be.
- The atmosphere was throughout relaxed and benign.
- So you've got the great food, you've got the friendly service, you've got the relaxed atmosphere and toe-tapping music.
- She contrasted this chaos to the relaxed and friendly atmosphere of Buala, which had no roads, no construction and no amenities.
- And check it out you should - it's a pleasant, neighbourhoody spot, with friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere.
- The welcoming blue eyes crossed with guarded tension, and her relaxed pose stiffened with anxiety.
- All are welcome to browse through information and job vacancies on offer in a relaxed atmosphere.
- It's a tasty food with enough varieties even for die-hard veggies and is usually served in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Mr Rock paid tribute to the hospitality of the locals, as well as the relaxed and laid-back atmosphere which prevailed throughout the weekend.
- Onboard, you will find a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere with excellent service.
- For the casual non-pilgrim visitor, their relaxed atmosphere makes them extremely accessible.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.