In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(facts/document) pertinente(document/facts) relevanteapplicants should have relevant experience — los candidatos deberán poseer experiencia en el sector
- a message that is still relevant today — un mensaje que todavía hoy tiene validez
- the relevant authorities — las autoridades competentes
- that's not relevant to this discussion — eso no guarda relación con lo que estamos discutiendo
- I don't see how that's relevant — no veo qué relación tiene eso
- To achieve this it has had to make sure that all relevant facts are carefully considered.
- Those involved were people who worked closely with her during the relevant period.
- It has been passed on to the relevant higher authorities who are treating it very seriously.
- We must keep it going long-term and make it relevant to people here and over there.
- This is partly based on grounds of public safety on the advice of the relevant authorities.
- So I wanted the council to know what had happened to me because I thought it was relevant.
- It must be a matter for the defence to decide on what is relevant to the case it has to meet.
- If there is a failure to disclose all the relevant matters, amendment will be refused.
- The rules, however, are only relevant to the way the safety camera scheme is funded.
- How is the long, varied story of the town on the moors relevant to its modern inhabitants?
- This is partly because this matter may go further and there are relevant facts to be found.
- You must therefore plan carefully to make sure you are covering relevant material.
- They in turn would identify the relevant vehicle and stop it at a safe place in order to speak to the driver.
- Did the Minister leave relevant matter out of account in deciding to make the Order?
- To make it even more relevant, audience members will have the chance to participate.
- If not, please call me and explain and then maybe I can contact the relevant people.
- The next option is to attempt to rebrand himself as a culturally relevant force.
- I wrote to the manager of the relevant trust asking if funds were available for the work.
- That is a relevant matter in considering whether or not the children had settled.
- In some cases, it takes up to two hours for council officials to access the relevant web page.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.