In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(hymn/education/ceremony) religiosoreligious freedom — libertad de culto feminine
- religious observance — observancia religiosa
- the religious life — la vida religiosa
- We practice our religious beliefs, but I still have a problem with bringing a child into this sinful, dying world.
- Grounded in religious beliefs and faith, watermen feel that man cannot and need not fully understand the blue crab.
- Through domestic items, religious ceremonies, music and oral histories we can see direct relations with past and present African cultures.
- We would accordingly be required to weigh the value of every religious belief and practice that is said to be threatened by any government program.
- In other words, only those possessed of deep religious beliefs are capable laying down their lives for their country.
- In general, the practitioners consider religious practice and belief to be important in their life and work, and they all express faith in God.
- My timing was right, and I dropped by the magnificent St. Stephen's as a special religious music program was in progress.
- My own religious practices and beliefs have nothing at all to do with the perception of those around me.
- She didn't mean religious beliefs, only faith in some higher values, in some higher reality that made them feel secure in a very insecure situation.
- Both appear to agree that religious zealots should be regarded as the authentic voice of their faith.
- Is it something of a counterpoint or does it counteract the overtly religious narrative art tradition of Catholicism?
- He argues that religious fundamentalism is the greatest threat to Western freedom currently on the political radar.
- These musicians used their art to rebel against the communist regimes of their countries by composing religious music, then forbidden.
- Many of these professional women have been religious since birth; equally as many are newly returned to traditional Judaism.
- The result was a matted, knotted hairstyle that honored the Rastafarian religious beliefs.
- I didn't consider myself religious, nor do I now.
- One can also learn more about the religious beliefs and practices of these families.
- Differing religious beliefs and practices can be divisive.
- Until recently I knew very little about Mennonites, the diversity of their religious beliefs and practices, and how most lead quite contemporary lives.
- Many psychiatric inpatients indicate that spiritual / religious beliefs and practices help them to cope.
- A complex woman of strong character and independent thought, Wells was shaped by firm moral convictions and profound religious beliefs.
- Some of my family are deeply religious, on my partners side.
- Further, among married couples and those with children, religious beliefs and practices hold increased levels of significance.
- Although people have deep religious beliefs, they follow the dictates of their own conscience in church matters.
- Previous studies indicate that religious affiliation played an important role in shaping attitudes toward abortion.
- When viewing their artwork many themes emerge including bright colors, music and religious symbols.
- If Warners does not accept the Hindu demands, the Hindu community will not be a silent spectator to the humiliation of its religious beliefs and scriptures.
- Many new religious observances were designed by the feminist movement in the Church.
- Despite becoming devoutly religious, he was arrested for shoplifting during 2004.
- After World War II, many new religious sects were founded and existing sects expanded enormously.
- ‘Come here and get your DVD for later tonight,’ one of them suggested, as he blasted religious music.
- The family is deeply religious, and Reid's faith keeps him centered and grounded.
- But remember, it is not necessary to have a formal religious practice or a belief in God to prove conscientious objection.
- Let us hope that prisoners who wish to observe their religious beliefs and practices will now be given the means and opportunity to do so.
- Security, dignity, and freedom to be educated and to practise cultural and religious beliefs are essential to preserving a sense of identity.
- Time and time again I asked myself why I had returned to set religious texts to choral music.
- Well, the Hawkins family are deeply religious.
- Rather than being religious in character, the Shrine concerns relations between community and memory.
- If you want to call it religious, go ahead, but that's not the point.
- We have been allowed to continue practicing our religious beliefs as we choose.
3(exactitude) esmerado(exactitude) minuciosoyou must be religious about doing it every day — tienes que hacerlo todos los días religiosamente
- he does it with religious care — lo hace con gran esmero
- It also demonstrates Vegas' almost religious devotion to the new.
- McCain shows an almost religious devotion to his causes - like campaign finance reform - and is brashly outspoken.
- But also you have to get rid of this free-trade rhetoric and jargon, because it's kind of a religious devotion to the notion of free trade.
- The other thing I didn't like about it was an almost religious aversion to Microsoft.
- Its artists broke every boundary they could find, mixing up art and life with almost religious devotion.
- Sounds like a program you'd watch with religious devotion, doesn't it?
- "We've become religious about the design director," says Miranda.
1masculine religiosofeminine religiosa
- It was not, one would think, the normal one of a religious with a church.
2religious plural(pious people)the religious — las personas religiosas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.