In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Each night I fell asleep with a giant smile on my face as I relived that day's experience.
- We'll ask about his experiences again in reliving that day a couple of days ago.
- She was repeatedly fascinated by elderly residents who were reliving the same memories.
- On the train up to Paddington, I felt quite excited - as if reliving the thrill of a school trip to the capital.
- She hears voices, sees visions, and receives the stigmata as she vicariously relives the Passion of Jesus Christ.
- With a treasure hunt planned, it will be like reliving the excitement again for kids.
- I felt my body stiffen painfully as I relived the memory of my best friend being thrown onto the concrete footpath.
- Reluctantly, she gave in to the memories and relived the past eight months.
- But still I'm enjoying myself: there's pleasure in reliving old sorrows at a safe distance.
- Please join us in Anaheim and relive the excitement of that day or experience it for the first time.
- The absolute terror in her eyes told him that she was reliving another fear and he was almost positive it was the one from last night.
- He stared at me with his small, observant eyes and it seemed to me as if he was reliving some experience of his with his mother.
- Just reliving the feeling of his arm around me after all of these years was still sending electric shocks all over my body.
- However, most of the film occurs in Spider's mind and memory, as he relives his childhood as a lonely youth whose only human contact seems to be his parents.
- As the novel traverses the four seasons, it records the upheaval in the small community which relives its memories of the dead.
- However, unless you were part of the experience and want to relive the fun, you should probably pass on this one.
- Each woman relived the horror of her experiences, each account evoked questions: is war necessary?
- The shock of seeing the animal caused Phil to relive one of the worst experiences in his life.
- There were memories relived by many as they graced the fields they once starred upon.
- Now, with this new face, she once again relived the horror that her neighbors had put her though.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.