In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1desquite masculinerevancha feminine
- As we walked back to the house we talked about the games that we had played and the idea of having a rematch again.
- The championship game was a rematch of last year's final, as it pitted the two top seeds against each other.
- Fighters no longer fight every six weeks, but instead every six months, and rematches are often very difficult to make.
- However, petty squabbles begin to drive the team apart just before their rematch with the Yankees for the league championship.
- The outcome of the rematch was never in doubt, but sloppy play plagued both teams.
- The team played strong but lost their games, including a rematch with UBC.
- The rematch of those two is in the Connacht Indoor Championships on Saturday, March 1.
- Barry had turned down several hundred thousand dollars for a rematch with Holyfield immediately after the 1984 Olympics.
- The rematches might look nothing like the previous meetings.
- Hagler always won rematches and beside, he would not have made the same mistakes twice.
- In fact, I'm guessing they'll have to pry him loose from the furniture if they want to get him out of his dressing room for a rematch with Marco.
- Tuesday night, in a rematch with the Nets, he scored 27 points and led the Wizards to a 105-92 victory.
- Sunday's consolation game was a rematch against Western Washington University.
- On paper, the four contests, all of them rematches of regular-season games, certainly seem like they'll be worth the price of admission.
- Corrales is a great fighter and great fighters deserve rematches.
- He disputes the idea that higher turnout alone would change the outcome for any of these rematches.
- The first playoff game saw a rematch of their last round-robin game against the Brokenhead team from Red Deer.
- Mike and Angie took the goals and the rematch ended in a one shot victory for Mike's team.
- In boxing the rematch is rarely as good as the original fight.
- The two teams play a rematch this weekend as the major semi final.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.