In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
transitive verbremodelled, remodeling, remodelling, remodeled
1(reshape)(sculpture) remodelar(nose) arreglar
- Grover reconstructs, remodels and redesigns leather into a guilt-free luxury, giving the three R's (reduce, reuse, recycle) an entirely new meaning.
- Nineteenth-century buildings were remodeled for contemporary uses without destroying the outward historic character.
- Have you remodeled your garage into a family room, home office, master suite, or other space?
- When the building was remodelled in 1789, the boxes were replaced by galleries, for which tickets could be purchased by anyone who could afford them.
- The family had exhausted all their savings just buying the essentials for everyday life and didn't have the time or the money to remodel the house by themselves.
- They had obviously remodeled an existing building.
- The beauty of remodeling a garage is that the shell of the building - often with both electricity and plumbing - already exists.
- The Round Tower was remodelled, and then ranges of new buildings in the perpendicular style were erected around the Upper Ward to provide better accommodation and perhaps to enhance the castle's skyline.
- In November 2004, St. Vincent's Hospital chapel was completely remodelled.
- Green building is about reducing environmental impact, whether in remodeling a home or planning a community.
- They build another floor on top and sell the apartments but they also have to remodel the building, fix the lifts and the general upkeep of their homes.
- Months later, people were still rearranging furniture, remodeling offices, and rewiring computers.
- When the building was originally remodeled, I had a series of passageways installed behind the walls on every floor.
- Has the building been recently remodeled or has building use changed?
- In 1969, the Chata Development company, which builds and remodels homes, and constructs offices and buildings for the nation, was established.
- Patient confidence in medical procedures was shown to increase after the medical facility was remodeled.
- Have you recently remodeled your home or done any energy conservation work, such as installing insulation, storm windows, or weather stripping?
- We recently remodeled our facility, and in that process, the soiled utility/decontamination area was converted to an office.
- With great determination and energy she led the fundraising to buy and remodel the buildings as the Pier Arts Centre.
- Then it's time to remodel a home office or guest bedroom to include substantial shelving.
- Maybe that's because I have been remodeling a house to make it livable.
3(reorganize)(constitution/society) reorganizar(society/constitution) modificar(conception/ideas) modificar(conception/ideas) reestructurar
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.