In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1arrepentidocon cargo de conciencia
- The court heard the stepfather was remorseful and apologised to his stepdaughter for what he did.
- The defendant is sitting there looking very remorseful.
- He's become extremely apologetic and very remorseful about what he did.
- Her remorseful attacker languishes in a UK prison.
- Both are ashamed and remorseful for what they did, and they are not fans of mine right now.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.