In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Renacimiento masculinebefore noun Renaissance art — arte renacentista / del Renacimiento masculine
- Renaissance architecture — arquitectura renacentista / del Renacimiento
- Renaissance Europe/Italy — la Europa/la Italia renacentista / del Renacimiento
literary(revival, upsurge)renacimiento masculinenuevo despertar masculine
- The medium has reason to feel triumphant, as it is currently enjoying a renaissance.
- Popular culture has enjoyed a renaissance, and artists struggle to support themselves.
- After a period in the critical wilderness, Bacharach has of late been enjoying something of a renaissance.
- The original version of Spider-Man has gone through something of a renaissance, in recent times.
- It's also behind what may be a renaissance in traditional north Vietnamese cooking.
- Vietnam has experienced a renaissance in popular religious activity in recent years.
- In recent years there has been a renaissance of traditional music throughout the Andes.
- Some have argued that the activities of these reforming scholars indicate a renaissance of Chinese public morality.
- What isn't widely known is that there is another Italian renaissance going on, a renaissance in dance music.
- Traditional music has undergone a renaissance in the last few decades.
- Ghosts have enjoyed a renaissance of sorts in literary and cultural criticism.
- Despite now being aged 51, former world champion Karpov has seen a renaissance in his play.
- Over the past decade we have enjoyed a renaissance in the appreciation of historic performances.
- It could even be that this contract will be viewed in five years' time as having led to a renaissance of general practice.
- As a result of the Spanish Muslim impact, Tunisia experienced a renaissance in all forms of art.
- Pottery is enjoying a renaissance as potters combine modern techniques with traditional designs.
- These little plastic freaks have achieved quite a renaissance on the Web, with almost a dozen pages devoted to them.
- Britain's woodlands are enjoying a renaissance in private purchasing by those who want to own their very own piece of nature.
- Your love life is sure to have a renaissance long before you reach middle age.
- One of the dreams I had is that it would inspire the interest of the media and bring about a renaissance of calypso.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.