In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1interpretación femininehe gave us an excellent rendition of the piece — nos ofreció una excelente interpretación de la pieza
- Is there a more beautiful rendition of an American patriotic song?
- She performed an incredible live rendition of her greatest hits.
- For the last 10 years they have become well known for their renditions of old time duets and for their performances with the ‘Forever Young Golden Girls’ - a tap dancing group for older women.
- The pianist's dazzling rendition of the Vivace finale was a pianistic tour de force.
- They started proceedings with a rousing rendition of the national anthem.
- A concert rendition enables more concentration on the words without the distraction of stage action.
- In the video, the frumpy seniors perform a piano duet rendition of an old American ballad, ‘Green Fields,’ providing a rather melancholy soundtrack to the entire video.
- With its 22-member wood and brass wind concert band, the group promises to present an enjoyable mix of inspiring orchestral classical and contemporary music, spiced with moving vocal renditions by guest artistes.
- Dancing continued until midnight, when there was a rousing rendition of the national anthem to close the evening.
- The crowd reactions to her jazz renditions prompted her to investigate the jazz scene.
- Leanne likes to sing and recently performed a breathtaking rendition of Bette Midler's ‘Wind Beneath My Wings’ at her friend's wedding.
- Three contestants have 30 seconds to perform their rendition of what they think will be the music of tomorrow.
- Also notable is the dramatic rendition of ‘The Ballad of Marie Sanders,’ one of several Bertolt Brecht / Hans Eisler compositions that Hille regularly performs.
- I just sang a rousing rendition of Oh, Canada!
- The bartender than began to sing a stirring rendition of Danny Boy to the crowd with swoons all around.
- He really nails the performance overall, and gives some incredibly stirring renditions of some of Malcolm's speeches.
- His elegant rendition of Rachmaninov's version of Fritz Kreisler's Liebesfreud was a charming encore.
- As the story goes, these former Argentinian circus carneys came to Canada in search of a better life, while performing rousing renditions of classic rock ballads.
- Starting at 7 pm, the night will feature music, poetry and performance, plus a rendition of the new song ‘Six Pack To Go!’
- The idea is simple: get a load of top bands to pick songs that have reached #1 in the past and perform their own rendition of said song.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.