In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(house/building) renovar(furniture/painting) restaurar
- The owners renovated the fireplace using reclaimed bricks, keeping the old look and feel of the cottage.
- So, there are just five months to go until the station is fully renovated, probably.
- City officials expect to completely renovate the interior of the building, which suffers from mold and water damage.
- She said the planning officials stressed that by retaining and renovating the existing cottage its historical essence is retained.
- The architects renovated the entire exterior and tried to restore the building's initial appearance.
- The zoo will also put out for the public reptiles in its newly renovated house.
- The damage caused by the landslides has left the newly renovated house structurally damaged, and condemned.
- The building was recently renovated but the apartment itself is in need of work.
- The property has been extensively renovated over the past three years but many of the original features remain.
- The building was newly renovated and in a good location.
- The house was built about 100 years ago and has been totally renovated.
- Oak Springs is in superb condition and has been tastefully renovated.
- The house has been carefully renovated by its current owners, who are now embarking on another restoration project.
- In 1992 the Old State House was provided with new foundations and was extensively renovated.
- Dingle Library was built in 1918 and renovated to a very high standard in 1985.
- The club has also recently renovated the main building and painted the area available for general purposes.
- Some buildings had been totally renovated between 1980 and 1993.
- Council officers will explain what grants are available to help landlords renovating homes.
- He bought the house earlier this year and has had builders renovating it.
- Before they move in the property is completely renovated, including a new bathroom, kitchen and central heating.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.