In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Public health was reorganized on a racial basis.
- Kitchener reorganized this army and established a staff college to recruit and train more Indian officers.
- I started with our lab business, and basically reorganized the entire leadership team of that business.
- ‘There was a tense period for the first few weeks after I took over, but we have restructured and reorganised the company internally,’ he said.
- He was considered a great administrator who reorganized the Union army into a mighty fighting machine.
- Lee recognized the inherent weakness of this system and began to reorganize the artillery arm.
- The financial system could be reorganized along the line of tapping into this significant source of external finance.
- The first campaign of the newly reorganized Department of Health was directed toward lowering the city's typhoid fever rate.
- And over the course of about three hours, the management team reorganized our entire organization.
- In the Ministry of Finance we have implemented a document management system and reorganized the central archive.
- He reorganized the army, ruled justly and was a lover of the arts.
- My questions have to do with your proposals for reorganizing the financial system.
- I admit to trying one or two of those approaches, but nothing worked for me until I discovered the miraculous effect of organizing and reorganizing my work space.
- But it needs to go much further and completely reorganize its electronics division.
- Between 1948 and 1953, the Hungarian economy was reorganized according to the Soviet model.
- The second wave occurred during the early 1980s, when the Nicaraguan government was reorganized.
- She thinks the recently reorganized defense in front of her will play a key role.
- In the Form of Government of 1634, the central government was reorganized.
- In his first six months in office, he drastically reorganized the leadership structure.
- The group also recently reorganized its upper management, sales force and customer service teams.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.