In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There was an expression of extreme repentance, sorrow and guilt upon his open face.
- In the thirteenth century her character and role were significantly expanded to incorporate details of her life as a prostitute and her subsequent conversion and repentance.
- True repentance will be accepted in the spirit given.
- Any attempt to escape will fail, and repentance may give you a shorter time of imprisonment.
- The ruling principle is that fear of sin precedes love of God, which leads to repentance (contrition).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.