In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reportaje masculinethe movie is largely reportage — la película es esencialmente un documental
- Tillim is best known for his black-and-white reportage but he introduced colour at his 2003 exhibition at the same venue.
- John Hodgkiss edited the diverse selection of reportage and portrait photographs illustrating the book.
- Sometimes more reportage than art exhibition, the show failed to provide a rigorous historical analysis.
- Ataman uses film to explore the notion of true confessions and reportage.
- Despite the artist's efforts to reveal the artifice of traditional media reportage, he employs analogous documentary and camera techniques that similarly objectify them without ever rising to the level of critique.
- Design writing includes journalism, commentary, criticism, both popular and academic - it is practiced as essay, reportage, commentary, blurb, and now blog post.
- His response was to create - in the Irish Times - the most significant Irish newspaper of the 20th century, with its reportage, critique and record.
- Still, the hysteria reportage of the New York Times continues.
- Both films function as sharp reportage as well as stories of political threat and intrigue, and their tone's ultimately accusatory: there's a problem, and it's being ignored right now.
- The FBI, relying heavily on hearsay and reportage from the American press and even international presses, provided an extensive profile of Baker as a political threat.
- A self-taught artist, Ferdinand achieves an appealing bluntness, with the detail and graphic quality of reportage, using watercolor, colored pencil and ballpoint pen.
- Though reportage, Hamlet's words are hard upon the action's heels.
- But, this is the story, once again, about how a perception gets started in the media thanks to shoddy reportage.
- As a successful journalist Mike is skilled in news reportage and knows the impact of the written word.
- Throughout the album, Dead Prez move from bitter reportage, recounting tales of poverty and desperation, to impassioned calls to action.
- In these terms, journalism is even compared to the scientific method, intimately connected with accumulation of facts and analysis, and reportage of evidence.
- Although enthusiastically received by its sold-out audience - a good portion of whom were clearly Burning Man alumni - it fails at the most basic level of documentary reportage.
- Forget the unwieldy title and worthy subject matter, this is a breathless piece of reportage, like a vintage New Yorker feature put to film: expansive, comic, digressive and ever so slightly demented.
- It's interesting, I can see a distinction between how a curator like John Szarkowski might draw on news reportage and introduce his own juxtapositions of imagery.
- Talk, in the form of reportage of ‘breaking news,’ including eyewitness reports and rumors, is the frontline mediator of the event itself.
- She published two volumes of reportage, Vietnam and Hanoi, protesting against American involvement in Vietnam.
- Either a journalist withers on the vine when they take a job like this or they become a corporate PR person following their bland, risk-averse PR orders i.e. a million miles away from the freedom of news desk reportage.
- What only the war correspondents present at the time knew, he said, was that Scoop was actually a piece of straight reportage, thinly disguised as a novel.
- I felt that at some point in this career as a reporter, a reporter ought to have written a book of reportage.
- It is impossible not to be reminded of the frenzied media reportage that has become the mainstay of American television news coverage.
- Can images arising from a self apparently at ease internally and at peace with its environs ever produce images that surpass mere visual reportage?
- Written by a senior officer who was there at the time, it's a combination of personal recollection and reportage.
- Anecdote dominates many chapters, with unreflective reportage frequently doing duty for examination.
- Reality is no longer the trusted referent of ‘news’ programs, as visual re-creation and graphic manipulation join analysis and conjecture in supplanting documentation and reportage.
- Their sense of play and reliance on narrative and metaphor made them vehicles for more than simple reportage and documentation.
- It was a short step from such mainstream reportage to the reports of the FBI files, in which, as shown below, the FBI branded Baker as a serious threat and thoroughly racialized and politicized her.
- News is delivered not so much as reportage as an opinion piece.
- Now as in the past, the claim of reportage has always stood as a disavowal of responsibility for the pictures' contents.
- It was a fascinating piece of reportage about an area of music that many people are unaware exists.
- How much do we depend upon television for war reportage nowadays?
- It is and remains a journal of theory, research and reportage but this does not make it non-partisan.
- My point is, it's a fake stat, which is greatly subject to things like genre, the size of the Friday draw and even some slightly bent reportage.
- In May this year, we covered the burgeoning ‘grime’ scene with a brilliant piece of reportage that followed its rising stars through clubland and back to their tower block roots.
- A less in-your-face approach and more informative style, with third person commentary, would have complemented the strengths of this fly-on-the-wall reportage.
- Her account of the siege, a condemnation of Luftwaffe bombing in Spain, is still a brilliant piece of reportage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.