In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Over 3,000 reptiles, birds and mammals live in the park in their natural habitats.
- When gazed upon by so many strangers, some of the Snake men appeared to be more nervous, and did not handle the reptiles in the fearless manner which marked earlier performances.
- Hartley's Crocodile Adventures in Far North Queensland takes the idea of a tourist facility for the viewing of native reptiles in their natural habitat to another level.
- Instead of preying on the nocturnal rat, for instance, the diurnal mongoose turned its attention to native birds and reptiles, many of which appeared to decline in Caribbean and Hawaiian locales.
- Several hunts organized by the city government over the past months turned up empty-handed, apparently since cold-blooded reptiles are not very active during the chillier months.
- Sculptures depicting serpents, reptiles, fowl, and other animals were fashioned by Doyle from tree limbs and trunks, driftwood, and scrap pieces of lumber.
- It provides an important habitat for almost 400 species of migratory birds, 80 species of mammals, and 40 species of reptiles and amphibians.
- The Jurassic and Cretaceous together were the age of giant reptiles.
- I thought it was just some cautionary warning about feeding reptiles.
- On many occasions, Karen has observed a female hippo grooming a crocodile basking in the sun, licking the reptile's hide for up to 15 minutes, then ending the session with a huge open-mouth gape.
- One of only two remaining alligator species in the world, this reptile has the dubious distinction of being the planet's most endangered species.
- ‘A Molecular Phylogeny of Reptiles,’ published in 1999 in the journal Science, presents evidence that supports a re-ordering of the relationships among living reptiles.
- Meanwhile, a top-secret government agency that deals in the paranormal is hot on the tracks of the mysterious reptile sighted in the skies of California.
- More than 70 species of mammals, 300 species of birds, 80 species of reptiles and amphibians, and hundreds of insects, spiders and scorpions have been recorded in the reserve.
- Anyone who wants to find out more about the giant reptiles should have a look here.
- He's really a wildlife photographer; to get his shots, he turns into an adventurer who has learned much about reptiles - snakes being his favorite cold-blooded creature.
- Stainton has helmed Irwin's cable exploits for years, and he understands the inherent drama and suspense in diddling with deadly snakes and toothy reptiles.
- The lectures offered include one about reptiles and amphibians native to Kentucky, which includes a chance for the children to handle live, non-venomous snakes, lizards, salamanders, toads and frogs.
- It is considered one of the world's most endangered reptiles, with fewer than 500 individuals living in three tiny islands off the coast of St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- An RSPCA dragnet of the area surrounding the pond failed to locate the beast, and the organisation warned locals to keep their eyes peeled for rogue reptiles.
2(person)ser abyecto masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.