In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(dealer/firm/professional) serio(dealer/firm/professional) de confianza(dealer/firm/professional) acreditado formal(firm/professional/dealer) reputado formal
- Plus, you may think your accountant or attorney is trustworthy, efficient and reputable, but you'll never know for sure.
- One can only wonder how radio stations with highly reputable music directors allow such ‘tasteless’ music to be played.
- We tried to wear an open and friendly face, so when a TV crew from a reputable BBC current-affairs programme came to call, I said we should be as helpful as we could be.
- A merchant account: if you are taking credit card details over a website, you will need a merchant account with a reputable bank to process the payments.
- There will always be excellent games coming out from reputable developers.
- Ask for bank and trade references, follow them up and undertake a credit check with a reputable agency if required.
- Several years ago I set up a credit card with, shall we say, not the world's most reputable credit card company.
- He stresses patience and scholarly preparation in collecting, which includes visits to museums and reputable galleries.
- It's a very specialist area and you need reputable wine merchants whom you can trust.
- Base the decision on a nitrate analysis by a reputable laboratory, and after consulting with your physician to help evaluate the level of risk.
- It may seem blindingly obvious, but when purchasing property in the Costa del Sol, only deal with established and reputable estate agents.
- For its part, Knoedler claimed to have purchased the painting, unaware of its past, from a reputable dealer in Paris that same year.
- Apart from the well-known reputable ones, many of the organisations operating in this field are unknown entities.
- Ensure that the source is legitimate and reputable.
- Some reputable political observers have said that with the American economy improving, Dean would have a very hard time winning any of the southern states.
- If you're struggling with debt and unsure about your options, talk to a reputable credit counselor before filing for bankruptcy.
- Instead, you should find a reputable credit counseling service to help you figure out how to manage your debt.
- Other reputable outfits are jumping on the gravy train.
- I judged an award that was funded by the wealthy heir of a media fortune and administered by a reputable arts organization.
- As with any highly specialized collector's item, it's difficult to uncover reputable channels of distribution.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.