In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- ‘We are recording some new songs but the plan is to re-record the first album,’ he says.
- Although it's since been re-recorded for album No. 2, the original version, available only on their website, sounds absolutely perfect as is.
- The electronic musician updates his original analogue sounds by re-recording the music with new digital tools; the result is a nuanced, intricate sound field of bassy drones, chirping bird call synths, and blipping rhythms.
- He re-recorded the tune in 1964 and that version has been used ever since.
- DVD rewritable means you can record and re-record over the same disc multiple times while DVD recordable means record once only.
- As television music represented a cross-section of light music in Britain and deserved a new or a nostalgic audience, I set about reconstructing much of this music and re-recording it as my contribution to television history.
- One was a jazz standard written in the 1930's which had been recorded and re-recorded by various artists.
- If anyone squeaks their shoe, coughs or makes any other sound it has to be re-recorded.
- It's always possible to capture the content from the output device - re-record the audio from the speakers, for example - but it won't be a perfect digital copy.
- The music was re-recorded by Disney from more-or-less the same scores.
- It's the best the score could sound, short of re-recording it.
- Once we were alerted to the fact that customers had not received them we did a search and found the tapes and returned them so they could be re-recorded.
- I am sure that, if the music here had been re-recorded by a quality orchestra, in decent sound, it would have attracted far more attention than I fear it will.
- The real challenge, however, came while re-recording the tracks in the studio, most notably the vocal tracks.
- To get them into a computer, you have to re-record the music in a digital format, a much trickier and slower process.
- The press release mentioned that it took you about four years to complete the album, and that you spent a lot of time re-recording tracks.
- Software converts text into voice so interfaces can be changed relatively easily, without re-recording lots of sound files.
- I put word out that I was re-recording the bass parts.
- Expectation from both fans and record company has led to his album being completely re-recorded.
- Since few sound archives employ full- or even part-time audio engineers, staffs rely on expensive contract re-recording services.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.