- Among the main features of the interior are the magnificent rood screen, reredos and font canopy of Frosterley marble.
- Facing the altar, the reredos overwhelm the viewer's vision with rows upon rows of imposing carved saints and prophets.
- But what strikes most visitors is the dramatic altar and reredos, or carved altarpiece, with tall statues of saints backed by scarlet curtains.
- After a stroll through the attractive gardens, members visited the baroque church with its splendid reredos from Venice and Italian wall paintings.
- The sanctuary is emphasised by marble steps, a stone reredos and an altar enriched with candlesticks and an impressive blue enamelled altar cross.