In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(movie) reestrenar(record) relanzar
- We re-released the film in 1987 and it was a hit, successful compared to its initial run and I really hadn't thought about the film till then.
- Fortunately this film has just been re-released.
- It's been re-released with a badly needed new mastering job and three bonus tracks.
- Her albums are being re-released and she has found herself voted as the most influential woman in punk by several American bands.
- Shot on location, this recently re-released film offers plenty to adore.
- Imagine that they re-released an album in ten years time with overdubs on it.
- In 1940, when it was re-released, the film was cut by a further twelve minutes, and for decades this was the only version available.
- As I said above, Columbia re-released this disc with plenty of extras this time around.
- This film really must be re-released or broadcast again on TV.
- It celebrates its 20th anniversary this year and has been re-released for the big screen.
- If the current rate of piracy prevailed, producers would likely prefer releasing compilation albums or re-releasing the recordings of established artists rather than betting on new artists.
- Originally released in 1967 and re-released numerous times thereafter, The Jungle Book has long been a Disney gold mine.
- Earlier this year a selection of their material was re-released.
- Warner is complemented on re-releasing a disc and greatly improving it, and our viewing experience in the process.
- The film was re-released in a colourised version after the end of the Second World War, a telling sign of its commercial success and popularity.
- I had such a discovery this past year when a number of your early films were re-released on video.
- I see that this classic film has been re-released and is now showing in various places around the country.
- The record company deleted the album almost immediately and re-released it under a new title.
- Now it has finally been re-released on a limited run for its 30th anniversary.
- But it is being re-released now because sections of the film industry have woken up to the fact that global struggle is back on the agenda.
1(of movie) reestreno masculine(of record) relanzamiento masculine
- It's part of a series of re-releases with extra tracks and packaging.
- The upcoming re-release will be the film that forces me to get a DVD player.
- In both cases, the songs themselves were added at a much later date, to accompany the major label commercial re-releases of both tracks.
- These two albums represent the most important re-releases of the year.
- With luck, this re-release will find a new audience.
- And the subsequent re-releases and sequels only expanded the empire, opening it up to younger children and future generations.
- It seems that nowadays re-releases of classic films focus solely on the visual element of a movie and forget that going to the cinema is also an aural experience.
- Nevertheless, no matter the quality of re-releases in the past, anticipating their arrival is still a bit of a thrill.
- Keep in mind that nothing was recorded after the 2000 re-release of the film.
- Critics tend not to like these re-releases that come months later.
- Several theatrical trailers, including those created for the original 1987 theatrical release and the 1997 10th Anniversary re-release, are included.
- He also remixed almost the entire catalog for both vinyl and CD re-releases, often deleting, augmenting, re-editing or replacing performances that he considered less than ideal.
- These films do much better than re-releases of some more recent super-hits.
- Buying re-releases of Doctor Who on DVD is all about waiting and anticipation; they release one per month and sometimes I'm less interested in certain stories than others.
- And of course, plenty of trailers are thrown in here, for original release as well as the 1979 re-release.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.