In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1investigación feminine(work/establishment) de investigacióna piece of research — una investigación
- scientific/literary research — investigación científica/literaria
- research has shown that … — las investigaciones han demostrado que …
- research into/on sth — investigación sobre algo
- to do/carry out research — hacer/llevar a cabo una investigación
- research and development — investigación y desarrollo
- picture research — investigación gráfica
- research laboratory — laboratorio de investigación
- research student — estudiante de posgrado que hace trabajos de investigación
- research worker — investigador
- The student might address the research question by comparing and contrasting old and new.
- Thus, testing the hypothesis developed in this paper remains a future research objective.
- I actually came across the last name when doing a research paper on Mary Queen of Scots last year.
- I have fairly good ideas for two of my research papers, and a vague idea for the third.
- After taking his first degree he remained at Cambridge as a research student then became a fellow.
- The book will be most suitable for research students, postdocs and academics.
- He remained there for 50 years, and on retirement signed on as a research student.
- I'm currently writing a short research paper on links between magic and technology.
- Whether there was pharmaceutical sponsorship of the research papers is unclear.
- On the other hand, my students and my research assistant gained some benefit from this activity as well.
- Institutions have been eager to pursue a sharp growth in their output of research papers.
- The team hopes to get extra cash to pay for more research staff and equipment.
- Her research project involves developing armour plating for military vehicles.
- She passed her first year examinations as a Ph.D. research student without difficulty.
- When he had been there only about a year, a new research student asked if they could fix a time for a regular weekly meeting.
- They gave me great feedback that helped me improve my research papers in various ways.
- The above study should be viewed in the context of a student research project.
- A research paper in the journal Science found the number of new infections was rising.
- At Cambridge he quickly built a large active group of research students around him.
- There are more than 12,000 research papers alone on the effect of fluoride on the thyroid gland.
1investigarto research into/on sth — hacer una investigación sobre algo
1(problem/causes) investigar(causes/problem) estudiarto research an article/a book — reunir los datos necesarios para escribir un artículo/un libro
- the company is researching investment proposals — la compañía está investigando / estudiando propuestas de inversión
- this article is well researched — este artículo está bien documentado
- Although still at an early stage of development, it is being actively researched by scientists.
- She is still researching their exact functions, but it seems almost certain that humans have comparable genes.
- This is a little researched area, and systematic analyses are not available.
- She worked hard and researched new methods of assessment and treatment.
- He is currently researching the social history of night in American cities.
- He was researching into the production of artificial rubber and fuel.
- The company takes advantage of the time and resources to explore and research ideas.
- Other methods of illustrating the vitality of food and water have been researched within the biodynamic system.
- He had extensively researched the subject and looked at the links between the men's union and the mob.
- The study is researching the practice of planting soybeans into cover crops of winter rye.
- Students extensively research their subjects, making sure they're not replicating existing work.
- Students researched their topic and wrote a paper based on information obtained from peer-reviewed literature.
- The actress plays Eve, a beautiful scientist researching into the working of the human heart.
- The Doctor and his team will be researching into how the body can fight heart disease naturally.
- I am quite capable of researching the effects of both substances for myself.
- You now have an explanation for your second point, that the hours were spent in researching into the law and matters of that kind.
- He had spent years researching methods of improving literacy in New Zealand and overseas.
- I think this means reducing emissions of greenhouse gases and researching into alternative energy sources.
- This book should be found on the shelves of all those who are researching into or are interested in plant desiccation.
- The article was extensively researched, with hundreds of American teenagers talking about their sex lives.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.