In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1investigación feminine(establishment/work) (before noun) de investigacióna piece of research — un trabajo de investigación
- scientific/literary research — investigación científica/literaria
- research has shown that … — las investigaciones han demostrado que …
- research into/on sth — investigación sobre algo
- to do/carry out research — hacer/llevar a cabo una investigación
- research and development — investigación y desarrollo
- picture research — investigación gráfica
- research laboratory — laboratorio de investigación
- research student — estudiante de posgrado que hace trabajos de investigación
- research worker — investigadora
- The team hopes to get extra cash to pay for more research staff and equipment.
- The book will be most suitable for research students, postdocs and academics.
- At Cambridge he quickly built a large active group of research students around him.
- Whether there was pharmaceutical sponsorship of the research papers is unclear.
- After taking his first degree he remained at Cambridge as a research student then became a fellow.
- Thus, testing the hypothesis developed in this paper remains a future research objective.
- On the other hand, my students and my research assistant gained some benefit from this activity as well.
- She passed her first year examinations as a Ph.D. research student without difficulty.
- Her research project involves developing armour plating for military vehicles.
- I'm currently writing a short research paper on links between magic and technology.
- There are more than 12,000 research papers alone on the effect of fluoride on the thyroid gland.
- They gave me great feedback that helped me improve my research papers in various ways.
- The student might address the research question by comparing and contrasting old and new.
- I actually came across the last name when doing a research paper on Mary Queen of Scots last year.
- I have fairly good ideas for two of my research papers, and a vague idea for the third.
- Institutions have been eager to pursue a sharp growth in their output of research papers.
- The above study should be viewed in the context of a student research project.
- He remained there for 50 years, and on retirement signed on as a research student.
- A research paper in the journal Science found the number of new infections was rising.
- When he had been there only about a year, a new research student asked if they could fix a time for a regular weekly meeting.
1investigarto research into/on sth — hacer una investigación sobre algo
1(causes/problem) investigar(causes/problem) estudiarto research an article/a book — hacer una investigación que servirá de base a un artículo/a un libro
- the company is researching investment proposals — la compañía está investigando / estudiando propuestas de inversión
- this article is well researched — este artículo está bien documentado
- She is still researching their exact functions, but it seems almost certain that humans have comparable genes.
- The article was extensively researched, with hundreds of American teenagers talking about their sex lives.
- Although still at an early stage of development, it is being actively researched by scientists.
- She worked hard and researched new methods of assessment and treatment.
- The Doctor and his team will be researching into how the body can fight heart disease naturally.
- This book should be found on the shelves of all those who are researching into or are interested in plant desiccation.
- You now have an explanation for your second point, that the hours were spent in researching into the law and matters of that kind.
- The actress plays Eve, a beautiful scientist researching into the working of the human heart.
- He is currently researching the social history of night in American cities.
- This is a little researched area, and systematic analyses are not available.
- He had extensively researched the subject and looked at the links between the men's union and the mob.
- The company takes advantage of the time and resources to explore and research ideas.
- Other methods of illustrating the vitality of food and water have been researched within the biodynamic system.
- He had spent years researching methods of improving literacy in New Zealand and overseas.
- Students researched their topic and wrote a paper based on information obtained from peer-reviewed literature.
- I am quite capable of researching the effects of both substances for myself.
- The study is researching the practice of planting soybeans into cover crops of winter rye.
- He was researching into the production of artificial rubber and fuel.
- Students extensively research their subjects, making sure they're not replicating existing work.
- I think this means reducing emissions of greenhouse gases and researching into alternative energy sources.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.