In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He would then paint the houses and resell them at far higher prices.
- Its main business was reselling training products and courses over the internet and on CD-Roms and videos.
- The club started selling shares two years ago and has imposed a moratorium of five years before any shares can be resold.
- He made his initial fortune in the 1990s by taking over and reselling bankrupt companies.
- He pointed out that there were 155 companies reselling broadband in Britain, while there were only three or four companies here.
- A taxable dealer is a person whose principal activity is reselling natural gas or electricity.
- The longer the notice, the more chance the airline or tour operator has of reselling the tickets, minimising its losses and refunding you a portion of the purchase price.
- If a house purchased under the scheme is resold within 10 years then the sale price discounted by the local authority is payable.
- He bought cheap land and resold the properties for huge profits 12 months later.
- That data was gleaned and resold by the agencies to news media, market researchers and other retailers.
- There are reputable companies which source and resell end-of-life products and second-hand products.
- The big questions are how much to invest and how much can you expect to have gained on reselling the piece at a later date.
- He's struck a deal to resell courses from an E-learning company.
- Now the carriers are looking to expand the market by letting subscribers resell talk time to friends and neighbors.
- He knew that if he could buy items at a cheap price, reselling them for a healthy profit would not be that difficult.
- They have been sold and resold by their masters only within a radius of five kilometres.
- That product could be resold to the customer; he may not have ever opened it.
- Returning to retailing, we should remind ourselves that a retailer is simply an organization that buys products for the purpose of reselling them to consumers.
- With only 150 accredited registrars actively selling and reselling domains, it is a fairly small industry.
- In return, it got either the right to resell the product or receive payments of nearly $30 million a year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.