In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1divisa de reserva feminine
- The dollar itself became an international reserve currency, which central banks were prepared to accept as payment in external dealings rather than insisting on payment in their own national currencies.
- As this process goes on, the attractiveness of the Euro as a reserve currency and store of value will grow.
- This may change if the world's central bankers one day decide they have outgrown their preference for a single reserve currency.
- The advantage for the United States in being an international reserve currency is that allows it to more easily run a trade deficit, as other countries are happy to hold dollars to finance its trade gap.
- During the 1920s, the British Pound was overvalued and was used by smaller countries as a reserve currency.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.