In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Meat outlets should not be set up near residential areas as it increases the risk of contagious diseases if the meat gets contaminated.
- People living on a residential estate have fought off plans for a new fish and chip shop.
- Officers in pursuit attempt to box the driver in before his rampage turns deadly in the nearby residential neighborhood.
- There was generally a good but mixed standard within the residential areas, with some estates practically litter free.
- The gangs of youths were also blamed for skateboarding in residential areas, drinking, leaving litter and being verbally abusive.
- These small private outlets with an average size of about 10 square metres are mainly located in residential areas.
- The protest centres around the installation of traffic-calming measures on a residential area in the town.
- The driveway soon leads to a residential road in the suburb.
- People from the surrounding residential area have constantly complained of noise and vandalism caused by youngsters leaving the club.
- Official permission is not needed as long as the guns are licensed and the shoot takes place on private land away from residential areas.
- Certain parts of the residential districts had certain designs for the houses built in them.
- The traffic movements would also have a significantly negative impact on an area that is overwhelmingly residential.
- The police decided to proceed very cautiously, as they were in a residential area, and people were in all the houses around.
- The two-hour restriction was introduced ten years ago to stop commuters parking on nearby residential streets.
- According to officials, there are several issues with regard to monitoring air quality in residential areas.
- The shelters will provide seating for the youngsters so they can socialise away from children's playgrounds and residential areas.
- Population growth has led to the building of many new residential areas.
- My wife and I live in a residential neighborhood in a large University town, USA.
- In some new residential areas the concept was so popular that it became the major type of street.
2(with accommodation)(ward) para pacientes a largo plazo(conference/course) con alojamiento para los asistentes
- Recently, I went to a function at my old university residential college.
- This is a WI residential adult college which will be celebrating its 54th anniversary this year.
- The building has been vacant since it closed as a residential college for wealthy Middle-Easterners about 20 years ago.
- The building has been vacant since it closed as a residential college 20 years ago.
- A Higher Education centre, improved student residential accommodation and catering facilities are also planned.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.