In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(shoe) ponerle suela a(shoe) remontar ColombiaI had my boots resoled — les hice poner suelas a las botas
- They still offer resole services and resole their own shoes and all other brands of shoes.
- I have one pair that is over 20 years old and has been resoled and had new heels put on about three times now; they are incredibly comfortable.
- Even veterans fall short: They'll forget to get needed shots, have their favorite boots resoled, check out an area's water supply or pack needed medical supplies.
- She's right that you may need to resole, but that is obviated by the other good suggestion, which is to get pads/insoles.
- How about refurbishing the shoes - i.e., resoling, restitching, or the like?
- Although the leather sole had worn out, he'd resoled them with an old black bicycle tire.
- They needed to be resoled after 2 years but a $40 repair on a $300 pair of shoes is not bad.
- His shoes, as you have noticed, have been resoled.
- It is a mesh pattern which should allow for some breathability, and I've been assured that resoling the rand doesn't affect the rubber.
- If it weren't for resoles I'd have to buy 4-5 pairs every year.
- Emily also said that she needed to get her ‘high’ heel resoled.
- But instead of moving on to a new pair when they wear out, they have them resoled.
- According to him, ‘Seventy percent of the millionaires surveyed have their shoes resoled and repaired rather than replaced.’
- Board-lasted shoes can also be resoled more often than slip-lasted shoes.
- He acquired an old pair of shoes from his friend. When he had them resoled he discovered that he could no longer get them on.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.