In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person) de recursos(person) recursivo Colombia(plan/solution) ingenioso(solution/plan) hábil
- As an author, you will have to be creative and resourceful in marketing yourself and your book.
- Fortunately, the two counselors at the orphanage proved to be very quick and resourceful.
- They rationalise the action claiming that their children are not mature and resourceful enough for this task.
- Those scissors remind me of the creative inventive and resourceful things my mother did.
- They take advantage of current technologies in resourceful and imaginative ways.
- Parents have an obligation to train their children to be resourceful and useful members of society.
- She was resourceful, industrious and an extremely skilful and creative cook and homemaker.
- A year later she had blossomed into an independent, resourceful young woman.
- If we believe in our ability to be inventive and resourceful then we have every reason to believe we can make changes.
- The fans have once more shown how extremely resourceful they are.
- He talks as if he's on the radio - which is to say he's fluent, quick-witted and resourceful.
- And no one has special powers of any sort, although of course everyone is super talented and resourceful.
- He was looking for under-utilised joinery skills, a resourceful design team as well as local supplies of timber.
- You must be resourceful and ready for the challenge of design.
- How might an energetic and resourceful air force leadership deal with this situation?
- But under his wise and brave and resourceful guidance, it will be achieved.
- After all they have to be pretty resourceful to be able to make it this far.
- They require committed resourceful parents who will be able to rise to the challenges they will face over the years.
- She has had to be imaginative and resourceful in finding compensating sources.
- And although she is still so young I can tell she is like me, determined and resourceful.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.