1(deferential)(conduct/person/words) respetuosorespectful toward sb — respetuoso con algn
- Maybe they feel like there should be a respectful silence during a round of golf.
- There was a respectful silence of a few seconds while the others internalised this concept.
- He's a fantastic young man, is very respectful and comes highly recommended.
- In the early days, the novels received some respectful reviews and won a small band of devoted admirers.
- So, be tolerant and respectful, but also keep a sense of humour and remember how to laugh.
- If someone wants to be polite and respectful to me, the best thing I can do is be the same back to them.
- They were very courteous and helpful and I tried to be respectful by covering my hair with a black scarf.
- He didn't achieve much at school in academic terms but he was respectful of his elders and listened to them.
- I'm very proud of the film and I think I've been truthful and respectful of his work.
- For this reason the town will fall silent and its residents will pay their own respectful tribute today.
- It is important that self-inflicted injuries are responded to in a calm and respectful manner.
- We should, therefore, be respectful of them rather than rushing to judgement.
- The children themselves kept a respectful distance, which is perfectly understandable.
- From beginning to end they remained meek and respectful in the presence of their mother and aunt.
- She's respectful, polite and particularly helpful when it comes to clearing away the dishes.
- Hundreds of people drew near her grave and police had to be called in to hold them back and keep a respectful distance.
- They waited as the boat drew alongside, still keeping a respectful distance.
- It was civil, mutually respectful, completely lacking in any personal animosity.
- Unlike us, she will be mindful of the dangers; respectful of the distance and her rivals.
- All we are asking is that we be treated in a respectful manner and spoken to in a respectable tone of voice.
2formal(considerate)respectful of sth — respetuoso de algo