In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Every aspect of life depends on muscular activity, whether it be speech, eating and digestion, respiration, all expressions of brain function.
- Blood pressure and respiration are checked every five minutes, and the patient's temperature also is recorded.
- The effects of sleep on respiration include changes in central respiratory control, airways resistance, and muscular contractility.
- Participants were children aged 2-59 months with complaints of cough, rapid respiration, or difficulty in breathing.
- In mammals, external respiration - the ventilation of the lungs - is achieved by breathing, the mechanical basis of respiration: the terms are sometimes used synonymously.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.