In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1respiratoriothe respiratory tract — las vías respiratorias
- We transferred the patient to the intensive care unit for respiratory and inotropic support.
- Breathing problems are considered to be those that affect the respiratory system below the vocal cords.
- A cough may also be caused by inflammation of the upper respiratory track due to a viral infection due to the common cold or flu.
- Cigarette smoke is a short term respiratory irritant that should be avoided altogether by people with asthma.
- On arrival at the emergency department he had a high respiratory rate and haemoptysis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.