In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Lawdemandado masculinedemandada femininemasculine apeladofeminine apelada
- The appellant's second ground of appeal is that the respondents are not suitable to be the donor's attorneys.
- The first respondents to the appeal must pay the appellant's costs of the application.
- Whether the respondents cross petition against the petitioners was demurrable and should be struck out.
- The statutory amendments shift the evidential burden of proof to the respondent if the complainant proves what he or she is required to prove at the first stage.
- Very well, and these other affidavits, I take it, are affidavits filed by the respondent.
2(to questions)encuestado masculineencuestada feminine
- Among the questions, respondents were asked to name their top three business role models.
- A few respondents thought they might be missing out on potentially interesting information.
- Always be clear about how you want respondents to indicate their replies when answering closed questions.
- The research team administered the questionnaires verbally to each respondent.
- The respondents requested information on a number of occasions; this was not forwarded to them.
- We did not question respondents about why they did not use the internet, and so can say little on this issue.
- The first question asks the age at which respondents believe old age begins.
- The cover letter explained that there were no codes that could be used to link a completed questionnaire to a particular respondent.
- Each respondent then dropped the questionnaire into the store's ballot box.
- Denominators vary because not all respondents answered all questions.
- The first part contains questions designed to collect basic demographic information regarding the respondent.
- Each respondent answered three questions, of which only the last concerned Mars.
- With the information thereby obtained, a main respondent was designated, who then completed a household questionnaire.
- After you finish question 12, thank the respondent for their time and offer them the info sheet that explains more about this study.
- The questioning also includes queries about how prepared the respondent would be to pay extra in order to speed up improvements to the water network.
- Completion of the questionnaire constituted informed consent from the respondent.
- The questionnaire invited respondents to comment on each of the 31 indicators.
- At two years follow up we sent a postal questionnaire to those respondents who had been free of forearm pain at baseline.
- Much remains to be learned about how respondents go about answering written questionnaires.
- Almost one fourth of the respondents replied that it was cheaper than they expected.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.