In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But he restated his interest in any other smaller distilleries that could come on to the market.
- However, some criticised the document for not being more imaginative and said it was restating problems that are common knowledge.
- But I am aware that I have just restated the question, not answered it.
- And even once they were alleviated, the concerns were continually restated.
- He then restated the party's pledge to tackle poor discipline in the classroom.
- At the end of the day the Mayor held a press conference, again restating his reasons for selling off the garden, focusing on the need for more affordable housing in the city.
- The leader will this week defy his growing band of critics within the government and the country by publicly restating his intention to stay in power until the next election.
- Second, it restates the theme of life and forces the mourner to recognize that life must still go on, even though they may feel that it has ended with the loss of the loved one.
- The congress unequivocally restates the demand for independence.
- Then, instead of attempting to refute it directly, he restates it in significantly different language, setting it in other contexts and suggesting other attitudes or factors that might modify it.
- The counter-motion makes some concessions to opponents of the war, restating the party's belief that military action should only take place when all diplomatic efforts fail.
- Therefore restating the case for growth is a central part of arguing for the power of humanity to create a better world.
- During his mitigation plea, he restated his claim that he was the victim of a political conspiracy.
- He knew how we were feeling, and he'd been with us long enough to know that we understood the gravity of such a loss without him restating it for us.
- It goes on and the clear points are restated clearly, but I won't trouble you with resummarizing them.
- Clearly, we must restate our conditions to take explicit account of the ways and methods of arriving at belief.
- However, the Ministry of Defence gave no indication about when troops might withdraw, restating its commitment to ‘continue until the job is done’.
- The rights to information and travel are restated and reaffirmed in the proposal and no court will be able to restrict the rights of any woman to travel abroad.
- For most of the hour, the President only restated his positions from his last term in office.
- It merely restated the recommendations of the plan and said that all sectors would have to play their part.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.