In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1restaurante masculinerestorán masculine
- The market for coffee shops and convenience restaurants has exploded in recent years.
- Why not pause to eat at a decent restaurant and have a recommended local wine with your meal?
- It's one of my favourite restaurants, partly for the food but mainly for the atmosphere.
- The pub now has two restaurants serving anything from sausages to shark steaks.
- "I own the Italian restaurant down the street.
- The resort's restaurants offer a variety of local and international food.
- When Lou's father was young, he started a restaurant in the city.
- A large number of pubs serving food and restaurants now offer no smoking areas or no smoking at all.
- Six women in their late twenties are gathered in a London restaurant for dinner.
- It will be an unique urban quarter with cafes, restaurants and places in which to relax.
- On the camp site is a well stocked shop and a restaurant, that also serves takeaway dishes.
- This is also the place to seek out some of the best, and cheapest, restaurants in the whole of France.
- She'd taken him out for dinner at one of the more expensive restaurants in town.
- Fred decides to take his family and friends for a meal at an expensive restaurant.
- All the stores and fast-food restaurants were closed for the day.
- Eating out is easy with over 700 restaurants catering to a broad range of tastes.
- He was going to meet her at the most expensive restaurant in town!
- Along the way are bars and restaurants ideal for a sunset drink in the soft sea breeze.
- The few local shops and restaurants catering to summer visitors are closed for the season.
- A customer of a restaurant is deeply affected by the manner in which staff serve them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.