In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(que protege a los miembros de un sindicato etc) práctica restrictiva feminine
- The retail pharmacy market was partly deregulated in 2001 following a legal challenge, though certain restrictive practices remain in force.
- He called on the Government to confront vested interests by tackling restrictive practices among the professions and to introduce interim price controls.
- Eleven years ago, the authority's predecessor, the Fair Trade Commission, issued the first major report on restrictive practices in the legal profession.
- Meanwhile, sources in the Competition Authority point out that a number of restrictive practices remain in place which benefit existing players at the expense of new entrants.
- The report highlighted restrictive practices among lawyers, accountants and architects.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.