In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1índice de precios al consumo masculine
- A student loan starts accruing interest from the moment it is borrowed, but the interest rate is pegged to the retail price index.
- The change will not affect the payment of benefits, which will continue to be indexed to the retail price index.
- The current ‘headline’ rate of inflation, the retail price index - which includes housing costs - is currently 3.2%, meaning that house prices in those areas are falling in real terms.
- But by the time the retail price index starts to climb - and it may be some time before it does - it will be too late to protect your wealth.
- What's more, house-price growth has easily outstripped inflation (rising prices) elsewhere, with the core retail price index up only 28% over the past ten years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.