1índice de precios al consumo masculine
- A student loan starts accruing interest from the moment it is borrowed, but the interest rate is pegged to the retail price index.
- The change will not affect the payment of benefits, which will continue to be indexed to the retail price index.
- The current ‘headline’ rate of inflation, the retail price index - which includes housing costs - is currently 3.2%, meaning that house prices in those areas are falling in real terms.
- But by the time the retail price index starts to climb - and it may be some time before it does - it will be too late to protect your wealth.
- What's more, house-price growth has easily outstripped inflation (rising prices) elsewhere, with the core retail price index up only 28% over the past ten years.