In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- An architect must completely rethink his ideas after making contact with the residents and with reality.
- Roadway has rethought the way its business has traditionally worked, says Peter F. Swan, a business logistics professor at Pennsylvania State University.
- She rethought the question, realizing that she didn't know the answer.
- The Catherine Films underscores the need to reconceptualize Canadian national cinema and rethink Canadian film history.
- Students have to acknowledge what they don't know, take risks, and rethink what they thought they knew.
- Gerrard has apparently rethought a plan to buy a house in the London area.
- Each year I learn new ideas and teaching approaches that encourage me to either rethink or reaffirm what I already do.
- He returns home to France to rethink who is he and to see if he has the strength to return to space.
- She once again walked to the L-train station and rethought her plan about using the train instead of a car.
- When Rob and Louise are suddenly both laid off, their wedding plans are put on hold as they find themselves rethinking their entire lives.
- In this way we can remember, rethink, reassess, and importantly, celebrate its long history.
- Once you've rethought a few of these financial facts, you may realize that there are other things - besides money - that bring happiness.
- While there are certainly laws that still need to be changed - some dramatically - the strategy for change may need to be rethought.
- To achieve solidity in the labs and transparency in the public areas, individual office organization had to be rethought as well.
- I'm rethinking my lifestyle because of the sad economical situation we are facing.
- Environmental historians have rethought the recovery narrative of conservation and challenged the assumptions of the wilderness ethic.
- From a financial standpoint, cooperatives may need to rethink how benefits are paid.
- Many shop layouts and checkouts had to be rethought since plastic bags have to be reclassified as a product for sale and staff had to be trained to pack items more economically and safely.
- Most mornings I had a can of coke with whatever I happened to be eating but considering it was a weekend and my mother was not yet out of the house, I rethought that routine.
- Don't you understand that when I had my accident it made me rethink what was important to me?
1replanteamiento masculinewe're having a rethink — lo estamos reconsiderando
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.