In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In fact, the extremely complex reticles that will be required to extend optical lithography below 100 nm will make the cost of ownership impractical for low-volume applications.
- The rifle sent forth an azure beam of energy that pierced the hologram cleanly where the reticle had been; the target disappeared and registered a hit.
- Several different reticles are available that are tailored to the type of long range shooting envisioned.
- Even autocollimators with micrometer-driven reticles used with averaged multiple readings require a skilled operator to achieve accurate, repeatable results.
- With the default set up, your vehicle will align itself to manoeuvre to wherever you aim the targeting reticle with the mouse, while the keyboard controls forward and reverse propulsion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.