In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Viral retinitis, a potentially sight threatening disease, is caused by herpes simplex virus, varicella zoster virus and cytomegalovirus 1.
- Annual testing will allow identification of children who have acquired CMV infection and might benefit from screening for retinitis.
- Compared with acute retinal necrosis, progressive outer retinal necrosis is a more severe viral retinitis observed in immunocompromised persons, often in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
- Ganciclovir implants are effective in treating cytomegalovirus retinitis, a potentially blinding eye disease that affects people with AIDS.
- The oral drug is indicated for use in immunocompromised patients for maintenance treatment of cytomegalovirus retinitis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.