In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nuevo juicio masculinerevisión de la causa feminine
- His lawyers say he should get a retrial because of ‘confusing instructions’ the judge gave the jury.
- She manages to locate some evidence that was held back by the prosecution in Darnell's first trial and in the course of a retrial, Darnell is proven innocent and set free.
- The Supreme Court would most likely remit the matter for a retrial in the High Court, which leaves her in a much better position than she is now.
- It is a serious crime and the retrial can be conducted without unfairness to the defendant.
- The International Court's ruling didn't call for the invalidation of the verdicts or sentences for the men, or even mandate retrials, just reviews.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.