In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cambiar el césped decambiar el pasto de Latin Americacambiar la grama de Central America Venezuela
- The oval's surface has been returfed and a new drainage system installed to make the ground suitable for international sport.
- Bare patches can either be reseeded or returfed.
- ‘We rebuilt the green on the 15th hole when we raised the fairway and we have reshaped and returfed four other greens,’ Miller added.
- If you choose to returf, know that turf farms have minimum order quantities and delivery charges and may only sell to contractors.
- Over the past two years, the course's greens, tees and fairways were reshaped and returfed with bentgrass and all of the bunkers have been restored to their original Donald Ross design.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.