In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(document/conduct/statement) reveladorthe letters are highly revealing of her state of mind at the time — las cartas dicen mucho acerca de su estado mental en ese momento
- The debacle has provided a revealing glimpse of how the profit system functions.
- Aside from the revealing personal anecdotes, we learn something of what it was like to be a visiting fellow at the Center for Public Choice.
- Check out the transcript of this very revealing interview on the Crikey website here.
- What we find here is flagrant spin, a revealing glimpse into the sympathies of the reporter.
- Eight of the mutant alleles have revealing molecular lesions that allowed them to be sorted into four groups.
- In the end I can't say I lived with McGee but I did gain a revealing insight into his life.
- Now let us turn to a more philosophical but equally revealing look at these matters.
- Equally revealing is Lung's denial that he made Lucy a drunkard.
- Her rather revealing history lesson was cut short at the sharp protestations of the door as it was pushed open.
- The way someone says ‘no’ often can be more revealing than the actual information requested.
- Dennis Quaid sat down with me for a very revealing interview just before his new movie premiered.
- Is this your most personal and revealing film?
- History will record only the bare statistics, but the figures are less revealing than the timing of their accumulation.
- Since the shah and his queen kept separate bedrooms, this is a revealing detail.
- What was particularly revealing was the way Dr Brash handled the intimidation.
- Not answering is not a way to get out of revealing information.
- What's even more revealing is how the elite has come to see itself as ethically flawed.
- Remnick's strength is an eye for the simple, revealing detail.
- In this case too, sources outside official histories have proved to be particularly revealing.
- The implications of political apathy and cowardice are all the more significant for these revealing admissions.
2(garment/neckline) atrevido(neckline/garment) revelador
- If my predictions were true, Lorraine would be wearing a very revealing scarlet red dress, showing off her cleavage and long legs.
- Obviously I look much hotter than that now and wear more revealing clothing.
- She always seems to find a place in Georgia to find tight revealing clothes.
- He yelled, pointing at the revealing outfit I had to wear that weekend.
- Warren noticed she wore the same revealing black dress she had on the previous night and guessed that maybe she was going out once again for her nightly stroll.
- Anyway, I've never worn very revealing clothes because of my insecurity issue.
- Torn and revealing black clothing made her fair skin and mahogany eyes stand out dramatically.
- There were two other girls in equally revealing outfits.
- Too many people, though - many of them female - still seem to think that a woman demeans herself when she wears a revealing dress.
- We all express astonishment at how the women can withstand the near zero temperatures dressed in small, revealing tops.
- I should really have got her to stand behind me, in a revealing dress, rubbing my shoulders.
- In Rome, a creature dressed in revealing and form-fitting clothes like these, no matter how beautiful she was, would have been considered a whore and a disgrace to her family.
- The room door hissed and Crystal entered, dressed in a rather revealing skirt that didn't look at all appropriate to a combat training assignment.
- She's wearing a revealing evening dress and proceeds to drape herself over various parts of the car's anatomy.
- Looking down the street Mother saw Mrs. V.'s daughter Annie walking toward them in a shockingly revealing dress for the 1940s.
- Their classmates, club regulars, arrive around 8:30, wearing even tighter and more revealing outfits.
- Passing a few girls on the way there, she seemed to be dressed the most classic, other girls wearing much more modern and revealing dresses.
- Some wore rather revealing clothing, making Kyra wonder whether they sold their bodies for money.
- Last but not least, young ladies should avoid wearing revealing dresses in the public.
- Women wearing revealing dress and the desperate looks associated with drug addiction can be spotted in front, usually at night, but often in broad daylight.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.