In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Significantly, the corporate media has all but completely ignored the revelations of wrongdoing by Immigration Canada officials.
- Chuckling to myself, I awaited the revelation of my secret weapon with anticipation.
- The moment of revelation came in the last two paragraphs.
- Shock revelations follow as the story unravels, the plot thickens and the audience grows more intrigued.
- They hardly know each other until the revelation of a secret in their past reunites them again.
- He longs for the revelation of the truths enshrined in the Upanishads.
- Neither Howard nor any Minister had nailed their colours to the mast in a way that would have made revelation of torture stories an embarrassment for them.
- Fuller doesn't rouse his audiences with smooth patter and startling revelations of abuse he's suffered.
- The latest revelations have been followed by verbal protests within the media and political establishment.
- The revelation of the secret of incest tears the family and, by analogy, the nation, apart.
- Some Health Ministry officials were concerned that the revelation of the whole truth would cause panic.
- The Prime Minister's revelation of a possible Government ban on public smoking has been welcomed by Swindon health watchdogs.
- Those in charge obviously feel that the greater risk is the unlawful revelation of trade secrets.
- The revelation of the big secret is a bit of a letdown.
- Yet the structure of the novel, the elements of revelation of character and plot, have been rearranged in quite a strange way.
- Despite revelations of wrongdoing in high places during recent years, Ireland remains a society obsessed with secrecy.
- And the unintended revelation of that simple truth is probably enough to recommend the film.
- She incapacitates him through her revelation of the secret of his birth at a moment when he should have been at his strongest.
- An attempt at tragedy in the book's last quarter all but tips the book into oblivion with the revelation of a family secret so silly that Sunset Beach would reject it.
- Deterrence's objective is secret, only for domestic consumption, or for later revelation by history.
2Religion(the Book of) Revelation — el Apocalipsis
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.