In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The latest revelations have been followed by verbal protests within the media and political establishment.
- Neither Howard nor any Minister had nailed their colours to the mast in a way that would have made revelation of torture stories an embarrassment for them.
- Fuller doesn't rouse his audiences with smooth patter and startling revelations of abuse he's suffered.
- Those in charge obviously feel that the greater risk is the unlawful revelation of trade secrets.
- Yet the structure of the novel, the elements of revelation of character and plot, have been rearranged in quite a strange way.
- Significantly, the corporate media has all but completely ignored the revelations of wrongdoing by Immigration Canada officials.
- Some Health Ministry officials were concerned that the revelation of the whole truth would cause panic.
- The moment of revelation came in the last two paragraphs.
- The revelation of the secret of incest tears the family and, by analogy, the nation, apart.
- The revelation of the big secret is a bit of a letdown.
- Deterrence's objective is secret, only for domestic consumption, or for later revelation by history.
- He longs for the revelation of the truths enshrined in the Upanishads.
- An attempt at tragedy in the book's last quarter all but tips the book into oblivion with the revelation of a family secret so silly that Sunset Beach would reject it.
- They hardly know each other until the revelation of a secret in their past reunites them again.
- The Prime Minister's revelation of a possible Government ban on public smoking has been welcomed by Swindon health watchdogs.
- She incapacitates him through her revelation of the secret of his birth at a moment when he should have been at his strongest.
- Despite revelations of wrongdoing in high places during recent years, Ireland remains a society obsessed with secrecy.
- And the unintended revelation of that simple truth is probably enough to recommend the film.
- Shock revelations follow as the story unravels, the plot thickens and the audience grows more intrigued.
- Chuckling to myself, I awaited the revelation of my secret weapon with anticipation.
2Religion(the Book of) Revelation — el Apocalipsis
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.