In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1parrandero masculine informalparrandera feminine informaljuerguista informal
- Friends and family gathered and the revellers celebrated into the small hours.
- And scores of revellers queued in the snow to join in the celebrations in packed pubs and clubs in the town centre.
- As the sun gets into his rhythm, there are revellers getting into the groove.
- Many Olympic revellers will be celebrating the start of the Olympics at Athena's on the Pier.
- Elsewhere, late afternoon sun seems to signal the coming end, as it washes over a group of revelers on a parapet celebrating the suicide of the poet Petronius.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.