In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(tax body)rentas públicas feminine
- But when the error recently came to light the revenue simply clawed back the full amounts paid in error.
- Under the Roman empire the system of collecting, the revenue put extreme pressure on the poor.
- And if as a result of the new patents, the revenue gets a five million leva boost, who cares?
- Where more than one residence is involved, you must decide which property is the PPR and tell the revenue.
- She believes there is no point in unwittingly making a present to the revenue of more than you need to.
- The guys from the revenue via Harrogate paid me a call, not on a professional basis I hope.
2revenues plural(income)ingresos masculineoil revenues — ingresos provenientes del petróleo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.