In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Carpets from Chiprovtsi are reversible and can be used on both sides and some are even aged 30 years and even more.
- Using reversible jackets - green for timbered areas and white for snow - troops blended in with their surroundings.
- Of course, these would make good reversible garments.
- Beck flipped his jacket inside out, it being a reversible garment, and then pulled off his shirt, changing it with one from the backpack.
- Clever touches such as reversible tops and jackets, fun appliqués and fine embroidery make them stand out from the rest.
- Blended checks, speckled materials and colourful herringbones amid reversible two colour fabrics all make impact.
- There are quite a few fabrics suitable for reversible jackets.
- Tom Cruise is wearing a suit jacket that looks like it came from one of those deals where $99 buys you two jackets and a pair of reversible pants.
- For example, choose a comforter or duvet cover that's reversible so you can change the mood by flipping it over.
- The styles range from a classic wool-cashmere pea coat to a reversible shearling jacket.
- Her cloak was reversible, black on one side, brown on the other.
- I suggest you buy some inexpensive plain, reversible jerseys.
- The coat is a gent's light grey waterproof reversible jacket, with fleece lining.
- Also very fashionable is the clever and practical reversible cloth purse.
- The quilted coverlet is reversible with one side having a light background with dark toile print; the reverse side is dark background hosting a light print.
- We teamed a flannel sheet with a cotton one to make this warm duvet cover; pairing patterned and solid sheets makes a good-looking reversible cover.
- Then you have these reversible jackets, which have bronzed satin type fabric on one side and oatmeal speckles on the other.
- Further development of reversible clothing and equipment covers will reduce the logistics burden, increase mission flexibility and reduce procurement costs.
- The coat is reversible and is made up in two medium weight fabrics to span both casual and formal occasions.
- Lining with another garment fabric makes your vest reversible.
- Upon heating, they undergo a reversible transition leading to a partly a-helical structure.
- These spectral changes were completely reversible at the phase transition temperature of the lipids, when the sample was slowly heated back to 35°C.
- The essential process involves a reversible change of state, i.e., liquid to vapor to liquid.
- Each sensor of the array undergoes a reversible change in electrical resistance when exposed to a vapor or analyte.
- In a reversible process the total change in entropy in the system and the total change in entropy in the surroundings is zero.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.