In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is such a revolting thing to have happened to such an amazing man.
- I actually get quite offended if anyone dares to use that revolting word when referring to me.
- The first involved much use of dried egg which has a revolting smell, not unlike that of fish food.
- And when cops raided his house, they found evidence of an even more revolting crime.
- So if you also had a revolting time at the restaurant then please, let us know.
- This defense makes his original speech all the more revolting.
- No wonder I didn't know I had a brain when I was at home, or that I wasn't a totally revolting person.
- "He is the most revolting human being I have ever met," Butler said.
- I wonder what the revolting students find objectionable about that.
- The husband got disgustingly drunk and behaved in a revolting manner.
- Then you become hugely desirable, in a revolting sort of way.
- The most revolting thing I find about television is the commercials.
- Diego Martin has suddenly become the scene of some of the most revolting crimes.
- Don't leave me there wondering exactly which revolting character flaw you found the biggest turn off.
- It is kind of funny in a revolting way.
- There was a revolting smell that lingered in the air.
- Conversely this produced the most revolting cruelty.
- This is a revolting gesture of superiority.
- This is a revolting confession, I know.
- There seems to be a competition going on amongst the senior managers to see who can wear the silliest or most revolting tie.
2informal(horrible)(color/food) asqueroso(food/color) horrible
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.